For at least a decade now, electric cars have steadily grown in popularity, especially in places like California, and even here in New York. However, many car shoppers have been turned off by electric cars’ limited range. But, with the all-new 2017 Chevrolet Bolt EV, everything changes.
If you’ve dismissed electric cars in the past, that’s about to change with the Chevrolet Bolt EV. Here’s why.
- It drives like a regular car. With the exception that you never have to stop at the gas station, you can easily forget that the Bolt EV runs on electricity.
- It has a truly impressive range. The Bolt EV leaves under-100-mile range cars in the dust with its astounding 238-mile electric driving range.
- It looks normal. Some hybrids and other alternative energy cars come with bizarre styling, but the Bolt EV looks like a regular car that won’t attract attention and strange stares wherever you go.
- It wins awards. Since its introduction, the Bolt EV has been heaped with praise. One of the most recent awards was the Automobile All-Star Award.
- Bill Nye drives one. Bill Nye (The Science Guy) has been a long-time proponent of electric cars and recently purchased a Bolt EV. He told Green Car Reports that it was his daily, preferred driver from all the electric cars he has owned.
If you want to give electric a try, the 2017 Chevrolet Bolt EV will be coming to Ruge’s Chevrolet soon.